1) Some months have 30 days, some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?
2) If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills have been taken?
3) I went to bed at eight o’clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarm to sound at nine o’clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being awoken by the alarm?
4) Divide 30 by half and add ten. What do you get?
5) A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many live sheep were left?
6) If you have only one match stick and entered a COLD and DARK room, where there was an oil heater, an oil lamp and a candle, which would you light first?
7) A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What color is the bear?
8) If you drove a bus with 43 people on board from Bangalore and stopped at Ramanagara to pick up 7 more people and drop off 5 passengers and at Mandya to drop off 8 passengers and pick up 4 more and eventually arrive at Mysore 4 hours later, what’s the name of the driver?
Don’t cheat youself by looking answers first….be honest…
1) All of them. Every month has at least 28 days.
2) 1 hour. If you take a pill at 1 o’clock, then another at 1.30 and the last at 2 o’clock, they will be taken in 1 hour.
3) 1 hour. It is a wind up alarm clock which cannot discriminate between am & pm.
4) 70. Dividing by half is the same as multiplying by 2.
5) 9 live sheep.
6) The match stick.
7) White. If all walls face south, the house must be on the North Pole.
8) YOU are the driver.