National Hightway Authority of India NHAI has launched MyFASTag and FASTag Apps for Android mobile launched by NHAI, these partner apps will facilitate the availability of FASTags for Electronic Toll Collection.
What is FASTag
FASTag is a Electronic Toll Collection on Toll Plazas on National Highways so they called as FASTag. FASTag is a device that employs Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid account linked to it. FASTags can be purchased online and at Common Services Centres and POS Centers.
All National Highways toll plazas to have Exclusive RFID separate Lanes FASTag vehicles from September 1st 2017.
MyFASTag and FASTag Apps
Download My Fastag Andorid App Here
To buy Fastag online check here http://www.nhai.org.in/fastag/
Benefits of using FASTag:
1. Ease of payment – No need to carry cash for the toll transactions, saves time
2. Near non-stop movement of vehicles leading to lower fuel cost.
3. Online Recharge – FASTag can be recharged online through Credit Card, Debit Card, Paytm, NEFT/RTGS or Net banking
4. SMS alerts for toll transactions, low balance, etc.
5. Online Portal for customers
6. Validity of 5 Years
7. Incentive: You can avail a cashback of 10% on all Toll payments using FASTag
Environmental benefits using FASTag
Social benefit Economic benefit
• Reduced air pollution
• Reduced use of paper
• Reduced toll payment hassles
• Analytics for better highway management
• Reduced effort in management at toll plaza
• Reduced effort in monitoring