If you are looking to open National Pension System NPS account then there are two ways to open an NPS account. One way is via online called eNPS and the other way is by filling details online and submitting partially physical.
What is eNPS?
eNPS is an online platform provided by NPS Trust for enabling individuals to open his/her Individual Pension Account under NPS (Tier-I & Tier-II) and also facilitate the new or existing subscribers to make initial or subsequent contributions respectively to their Individual Pension Account under NPS using netbanking and debit/credit cards. eNPS does not facilitate enrolment of individuals under Atal Pension Yojana.
eNPS account is completely an online process which is based on Aadhar verification which is possible provided your mobile number is linked to Aadhar card. The steps in this fully online process, as per the eNPS helpline mentioned on the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority PFRDA website below are the steps:
eNPS Account Online
- Visit this link and Click on the Registration and select ‘register with Aadhar’ Option.
- Enter the Aadhar Number and click on “Generate OTP” option.
- The OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number linked to Aadhar Card.
- Enter the OTP number and fill in your personal details, Nomination details, bank details.
- On the ‘Photograph and Signature’ tab, your photograph will be shown same.
If you have more questions on eNPS account opening then refer to this link for more details.